This month we have a delicious Parsnip and Leek Gratin Recipe
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 American Flag leeks (or alternative organic leeks)
- 500g Viceroy parsnip (or alternative organic parsnip)
- 25g Organic butter (or coconut oil)
- 150ml double Organic cream (or a 200ml of coconut Cream)
- 150ml whole organic milk (or dairy free alternative)
- 200g favourite cheese (camembert, Pié d’Angloys, cheddar) or for dairy free try ground cashews, nutritional yeast, soya sauce.
Peel and slice the parsnip as thinly as possible. Wash and slice the leeks. Crush or finely chop the garlic cloves. Grate/chop cheese (or grind cashews, mix with nutritional yeast and soya).
- Heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4
- Heat half the butter/coconut oil in a frying pan and fry the leeks for 3 minutes until tender. Set aside.
- Use a little of the remaining butter/coconut oil to grease a baking dish.
- Heat the cream and milk in a small saucepan, along with the garlic, until almost boiling, then set aside.
- Layer the parsnips, leeks and cheese in the baking dish, seasoning between each layer.
- Pour over the cream and milk mixture and sprinkle with the remaining butter/coconut oil. Cover with foil or oven proof lid and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil/lid and bake for a further 20 minutes until tender and golden.
Top Tip: Try adding some cayenne pepper if you like a little kick to your food!
Free From/Suitable for
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Dairy-Free (if using alternative ingredients)